The 4K monitors on this list are compatible with a wide range of gaming consoles, operating systems, and PCs. They offer the most demanding gamers maximum performance for their buck. We've got you covered if you're looking for the following monitor that will provide you with the perfect balance between performance, quality, and price.
In this post, we'll go over some of the best models released in recent years - search no further!
1. SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G8 4K UHD 240Hz 1ms G-Sync 1000R Curved Gaming Monitor, Quantum HDR2000, AMD FreeSync Premium Pro, Matte Display, Ultrawide Game View, DisplayPort, HDMI, Black & White, 2022
- QUANTUM HDR 2000: From gloomy shadows to sun-scorched scenes, 2,000 nit peak brightness and 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio enable enhanced color expression and depth; Get a competitive edge by spotting hidden enemies using their reflections
- UHD RESOLUTION & 240Hz: With the fastest 240Hz refresh rate among 4K gaming monitors, the G85NB was awarded Best of Innovation at CES 2022; It continues to push the limits of monitor possibilities, delivering the speed, immersion and depth needed to realize every game’s full potential
- NVIDIA G-SYNC COMPATIBLE: Nvidia G-Sync compatibility keeps the GPU and panel synced up to eliminate choppiness, screen lag, and image tears; Fast-action game scenes are stable and stutter-free with AMD FreeSync Premium Pro for your competitive edge
- 1000R CURVATURE: Experience the next level of heart-pounding gaming that's superior to anything you've seen before; The 1000R 32-inch super ultrawide display fills your peripheral vision and draws you into the character's shoes
- CORESYNC: With core lighting, add personality to your setup with multiple color modes that leap off the screen; Gaming escapes beyond the screen with CoreSync technology that matches your game's on-screen colors for world-blending immersion
- MATTE DISPLAY: The distraction-free matte screen absorbs, not reflects, artificial and natural light, keeping you laser-focused during the toughest battles and hardest levels
This curved 4K gaming monitor offers more than just pixel-packed visuals and beautiful color accuracy; it also sports a 1ms response time, 144Hz refresh rate, and FreeSync. You can expect deep blacks and a self-emphasizing contrast ratio with a VA panel.
Features like motion blur reduction (MPRT), black stabilizer, and game mode instantly enhance your gameplay experience.
The diverse connectivity options offered by the Odyssey Neo G8 include HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.2 inputs with both FreeSync 2 HDR and 4K resolution support.
With a dedicated Game Mode hotkey that allows you to switch between preset mode settings and Black Equalizer for visual perfection, this monitor is made for gaming.
2. ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQ 32" 4K HDR 144Hz DSC HDMI 2.1 Gaming Monitor, UHD (3840 x 2160), IPS, 1ms, G-SYNC Compatible, Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync, Eye Care, DisplayPort, USB, DisplayHDR 600
- 32-inch UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS gaming monitor with 144Hz refresh rate designed for professional gamers and immersive gameplay
- 4K at 120Hz via HDMI 2.1 to make the most of the next gen consoles’ mind-blowing performance
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync (ELMB SYNC) technology enables ELMB together with variable refresh rate, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
- G-SYNC Compatible certified, delivering a seamless, tear-free gaming experience by enabling VRR (variable refresh rate) by default.
- High dynamic range (HDR) technology with DisplayHDR 600 certification and DCI-P3 professional color gamut ensures exceptional contrast and color performance
- Compatible with ROG desk mount kit that can clamp to the edge of most any flat work surface.
- With ASUS Variable overdrive technology, PG32UQ makes motion look more consistently at a wider range of variable frame rates
The ROG Swift PG32UQ is one of the industry's most highly demanded gaming monitors. With a 32-inch 4K panel, gamers will surely appreciate the ultra-low response time of 1 ms and no screen tearing. You'll get a pixel-by-pixel accuracy that doesn't compromise on light output, even when it comes to darker scenes.
The 144Hz refresh rate ensures you can always react fast to onscreen enemies and projectiles. The FreeSync 2 feature eliminates stuttering when playing games with more demanding graphics over your display's GPU.
3. SAMSUNG 28" Odyssey G70A Gaming Computer Monitor, 4K UHD LED Display, HDR 400, 144Hz, G-Sync and FreeSync Premium Support, Front Light Panels, LS28AG700NNXZA, Black
- Visual Quality that Packs a Punch: The Samsung Odyssey G70A Monitor offers an UHD 4K resolution along with the unparalleled depth of HDR400, creating a stunning visual experience that casts your games in their best light
- Find More w/ Extended View: Discover hidden gems or flank enemies in full stealth with the ultrawide 21:9 aspect ratio; Extra context in every match brings you closer to the top of the leaderboard
- Next Level Gamer Performance: With a 144Hz super smooth refresh rate, you’ll never go back to a traditional screen; A fraction of a second is the difference between a win or a loss; With its GTG 1ms response time, you’re receiving info as fast as technologically possible
- Effortlessly Smooth Gameplay: NVIDIA G-Sync compatibility keeps the GPU and panel synced up to eliminate choppiness, screen lag, and image tears; Fast action scenes are stable and stutter free with AMD FreeSync Premium for your competitive edge
- Core Color Customization: Core lighting adds personality to your setup with multiple color modes that leap off the screen; Gaming escapes beyond the display with CoreSync technology that matches your game's on-screen colors for world-blending immersion
- Surrounded By Light: Amplify your gamer experience with two front facing light panels, exclusive to the Odyssey G7 range
- Adjustable Positioning: Swivel, tilt, pivot, adjust its height, or mount it with industry standard VESA mounting
With a beautiful 4K display, you'll enjoy gaming and watching movies on the 28" BFGD (Big Format Gaming Display). This monitor comes with HDR support for consistently stunning visuals.
Sporting a 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time, this monitor is designed to give you an unparalleled gaming experience. You can even stream games directly to this screen from your PC with the help of your GeForce graphics card.
The VESA mounting support lets you install this gadget on the wall easily if desired.
How to choose the best 4k gaming monitor 2022
1. Size :
The first thing you should look for in a 4K monitor is the size. Playing games on a 24-inch screen might not be ideal for some people. If the monitor is too large, it might require you to get up frequently. A good 4K monitor will always have at least a 32-inch display size so that you would have ample room to move your body while playing games.
2. Resolution :
If you are gaming on a PC, get a resolution of at least 1080p, though 1440p and 2160p are better options available today. UHD (Ultra High Definition) or QHD (Quad High Definition) is considered excellent as it provides ultra HD clarity with high pixel density.
3. Motion :
Another thing to consider is motion. If you want a 4K monitor, you should go for one with an ultra-fast response time below four milliseconds. The response time of your monitor is derived by dividing the pixel transition time (1ms) by the number of pixels in the display (4ms). This means a response rate of 4ms = 1ms, which is fantastic.
4. Refresh Rate :
The refresh rate will indicate how many times an image on the monitor is refreshed to display new frames in a second. A higher refresh rate typically results in less motion blur, lower input lag, and more fluid animation during gaming sessions or while watching movies or videos. If you have a 4K TV and are looking for a gaming monitor to pair with it, you can consider the refresh rate of your TV while buying the gaming monitor. Although high-end TV sets in 2018 have started supporting 120Hz and 240Hz native refresh rates, they are not necessarily required while playing games on your PC. You can go for 60Hz if you do not want to pay high amounts for such displays.
5. Screen Size :
Another critical factor is screen size; this will be one of the first things that catch your attention when buying a new gaming monitor.
1. What is HDR?
HDR stands for High Dynamic Range, which refers to a technology that can deliver much better color and contrast and enhanced brightness compared to standard dynamic range displays.
2. Is HDR on the PC?
HDR on the PC is not so standard yet, but with every new AAA title now supporting it, you can expect more and more titles to support this advanced display technology.
3. What does HDR on a PC mean?
HDR or High Dynamic Range is not just a gimmick; it allows the display to show a broader range of colors and brightness than its predecessor displays. This means you can see more detail in the panel and get brighter whites.
4. What type of panel should I go for?
You can choose between TN panels and IPS panels when buying a 4K monitor. IPS panels have always been the best panel type out there, but not everyone can afford this kind of technology. The best compromise that you can get out there is going for an IPS-type display paired with a VA Panel.
5. Where can I get a 4K monitor?
You can find the best 4K monitors on Amazon and NewEgg. Both these websites have a wide variety of options to choose from. You will also be able to find some of the best 4K monitors from Amazon.
6. What is refresh rate, and how important is it?
The refresh rate on the 4K monitor is one of the essential aspects you need to look out for. A higher refresh rate will help you have a more stable fps. This means you do not have to spend too much time navigating and clicking in your games, as fast movements will not be choppy and laggy.
7. What should I look for in a 4K monitor?
It would help if you went for a high-quality display with fast response times (1ms) and low input lag (2ms).
INNOCN 15.6" OLED Portable Monitor Full HD 1080P 100% DCI-P3 1MS 100000:1 USB Computer Monitor Mini HDMI Travel Monitor Photo Video Editing Second Ultra Slim Monitor for Laptop MacBook PC Switch PSView on Amazon
- SCORE8.0AI Score
AI Score is a ranking system developed by our team of experts. It from 0 to 10 are automatically scored by our AI Consumer Report tool based upon the data collected. This score has no relationship or impact from any manufacturer or sales agent websites. Learn more
ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQ 32” 4K HDR 144Hz DSC HDMI 2.1 Gaming Monitor, UHD (3840 x 2160), IPS, 1ms, G-SYNC ( Renewed))View on Amazon
Last update on 2023-01-27 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API